MoJets® can provide a number of significant benefits for tunnel design, construction and operation.
In terms of tunnel operation, the MoJet® can potentially offer the following benefits:
- Reductions of up to 30% in the power consumption for tunnel ventilation, leading to lower costs for energy and installed power, as well as a lower carbon footprint.
- Reduced number of fans, and hence lower maintenance costs.
- Smaller and lighter fans for the same aerodynamic thrust, improving handling during installation, as well as reducing overheads associated with commissioning and maintenance.
- A significant reduction in sound pressure levels can be achieved with the MoJet® by reducing the blade pitch angle, while still delivering the same in-tunnel aerodynamic thrust as a conventional jetfan.
- If specified with 4-pole motors, MoJets® can offer significantly lower sound emissions compared to conventional jetfans.
During tunnel design and construction, the MoJet® can offer the following benefits:
- A smaller tunnel cross-section, leading to a reduced requirement for construction materials and contributing to a faster construction programme.
- Reduced cabling costs, since MoJets® can be installed much closer together than conventional jetfans.
- For existing tunnels, additional ventilation capacity can be delivered without the need for installing tunnel niches.
Please contact us to discuss your particular application.